Monday, July 26, 2010

Posting

Well it's been a while, but chance caused me to stumble upon the ordinary, yet amusing blog of another twenty-something. That's all it took to get me inspired to write, at least for this post.

If you'd asked me a week ago I would've said this was an uneventful summer. That was before my major disaster of the summer (read: anaphylactic allergic reaction), and several other minor (by comparison) catastrophes. At least I have a new "most embarrassing" story. Tripping on my face in front of a cute boy can't hold a candle to being strapped to that gurney and wheeled through a crowd of onlookers by a troop of paramedics. Cute paramedics. Ugh. I, however, did NOT look cute. Anaphylaxis does not leave a lot of room for vanity. Now I have my trusty Epi-Pen, so in the future I can (hopefully) save myself. That is, if I can bring myself to stab my own thigh with that ginormous needle. My sister reassuringly pointed out that if I couldn't breathe, I probably wouldn't have to deal with a whole lot of hesitation about that.

At this point I'm looking for a little more boring in my summer. At least I have the BL camping trip coming up in a few days, while not *boring* by any means, it will definitely be a welcome distraction. There's something about not showering for three days and smelling like sweat and campfire that is surprisingly good for the soul. Not to mention that during camping you can eat as many s'mores as you want without feeling guilty. Let's see how long it takes the campers on either side of our group to request to change spaces. The first year, they got scared off after Jodi stalked around our campsite at 2 a.m. trying to finish off the last beer she needed for her "beer-can wizard staff." The second year our antics weren't so rowdy, but our failure to successfully stake the tent caused quite the midnight ruckus when it then collapsed on us in the rain. The neighbors probably weren't too impressed with all the profanities being screamed as we tried to re-establish the poles and stakes in the dark.

Only eight more weeks until school starts. Can't wait. I told my family I may want to do another degree after this one, I think they were a little less than thrilled, especially since I couldn't pinpoint exactly what I'd go back for... working was strongly suggested as an alternative. I'm just going to enjoy campus life as long as it can last.

Until next time...

No comments: